The Abbey School Working in Collaboration with Fulston Manor
As an added dimension to our already strong partnership with Fulston Manor School, we are now linking aspects of our quality assurance of Teaching & Learning programmes. This will include:
- Annual visits to partner schools by representatives from each SLT to engage in work samplings, learning walks and staff/student voice activities.
- Dual involvement & support in school improvement planning.
- Added support for each schools’ department/faculty reviews when required, particularly in underperforming areas.
- A constant ongoing link between SLT teams.
The close collaboration in these aspects will have the following benefits for both schools:
- Sharing of good practice linked to the monitoring, evaluation, development and support of teaching & learning within the school.
- A cross-moderation approach to quality assurance.
- Making schools existing resources available to partner, therefore increasing capacity across both schools.
- Generation of a report that will help the formulation and development of school improvement planning.
- A combined CPD programme that distributes resources already evident within the establishments and gives greater capacity to utilise external providers.