Investors in Careers
The Abbey School was the first school in Canterbury and Swale to achieve the Investors in Careers mark in 2009 and has retained the status ever since. This is a quality standard mark for the management of Careers Education Information and Guidance in schools and is evidence of the quality guidance we provide to our students. In 2015, we were successful once again in our re-accreditation.
In recent years, career education and guidance at The Abbey has had some key developments, which include:
- The opening of a dedicated Careers Room, displaying information on careers and college/university prospectuses.
- Upper school students all receive an interview with our CXK Adviser who provides impartial advice to our students.
- The ‘Business Mentor’ initiative has developed and is gathering momentum where parents and local employers provide bespoke opportunities and advice to our Y11-Y13 students.
- Our dedicated Business and Work Experience Co-ordinator supports and organises bespoke opportunities for our students.
- The universities of Kent and Christ Church support careers curriculum delivery through a published programme of Aim Higher activities.
Useful websites include:
The school has active SIG (School Improvement Group) of cross-curricular professionals who are responsible for spearheading developments at the school.